Geogrids are used in low-rise construction projects for soil or rock reinforcement.
- They are made of various polymers (plastic) and metal.
- They have an open mesh structure with evenly spaced openings.
- The grid is square or rectangular in shape.
- The size of the openings may vary depending on the specific application.
They are a valuable material in geotechnical engineering, as they reduce possession, increase efficiency and long service life of various construction projects.
Practical examples: hardening the ground by road, rail and car parks.
They help prevent the movement and failure of the wall.
3.)ARC REINFORCEMENT and EROSION CONTROL
Geogrids are used in the construction of asphalt and concrete pavements. They help to control cracks and improve the durability of the structure.
Geocomposites are versatile materials that combine several geosynthetic materials (geotextiles, geogrids and plastic wires) in one product connected to several geosynthetic materials together.
Geocomposites has a function of filtration, drainage and reinforcement in one.
- Drainage systems,
- Erosion control,
- drainage of retaining walls,
The specific use of geocomposites depends on design requirements, environmental conditions and engineering goals.