Bentonite films are specialized geosynthetic materials used for waterproofing the foundation and underground structure. They are used for their ease of construction and effectiveness in creating impermeable barriers.
- It combines several layers of geotextiles with a layer of low-permeable bentonite clay.
- Geotextiles provide mechanical strength and act as a filter, preventing the ingress of tiny particles of soil into the bentonite layer.
- Bentonite is a naturally occurring clay material with excellent waterproofing and swelling properties.
- Bentonite clay forms a low-permeable barrier that can block the passage of water and other liquids.
- Waterproofing basements, foundations and underground structures,
- Prevention of leakage of liquid waste and gases in landfills,
- It serves as a compress for water retention in ponds and reservoirs,
- Tunnel construction,
- Secondary containment system for tanks (chemical storage).